“At Khalsa Sanctuary, our mission is to provide a solid future for those less fortunate than ourselves.”
We help and shelter children from poor and deprived backgrounds. We believe children should be nurtured with love and care, in order to secure a better future for them as individuals, who can in turn support their families, contribute positively to society, and help those less fortunate around them. We provide ongoing support, ensure good values and self-confidence. Through our work, we aim to invest in the future of the next generation and beyond, regardless of race, religion, caste or creed.
Both parents and children seek the services of Khalsa Sanctuary to meet their needs in life. We don’t seclude the children from their families, we are there to help and support, not separate children from parents. For these children, attending school is a great privilege, and having a roof over their heads makes them feel safe. For the families of these children, they are able to look forward to a better future.
Through the support of volunteers and donors, Khalsa Sanctuary is able to provide its children with:
- The basic amenities; food, shelter, clothing and healthcare
- Financial support by paying for education fees for mainstream schooling
- Emotional, social, directional and spiritual support, all built into the child’s daily schedule
- Teaching on Gurbani; Kirtan, Santhiya and Seva of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj
- Extracurricular activities such as sports, team building exercises and fun day trips
- Support for the families who are unable to look after their own children
- Support for families who struggle with issues such as drug addiction, alcoholism, suicide and debt